Barley Yogurt Bread
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 45 minutes
1 1/2 cups of bread flour
1/2 cup of barley flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
13 oz. plain yogurt
1 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the two types of flour, baking powder, salt.
3. Add the yogurt and honey. Mix until a sticky dough forms.
4. Flour a clean work surface. Remove dough from the bowl.
5. Roll and fold the dough a couple of times to bring the mixure together. (no need for kneading)
6. Shape the dough into a ball. Flatten gently with your hand.
7. Using a knife, score a cross pattern into the dough, dividing it into quarters.
8. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 40-45 minutes (until golden-brown)
9. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
You can substitute all-purpose flour for the bread flour and kefir for the yogurt.